Pressure Points To Take The Pressure Down
Kinesiology is a non-invasive body work that combines western understanding of anatomy and eastern philosophy, including the traditional Chinese practice of acupressure. Applying pressure to specific points on our body, can help relieve pain, restore balance, assist healing and improve health.
Kinesiology uses acupressure holding points to achieve calm and relaxation. These techniques are accessible to us all at any time and in any place.
Here are some simple yet powerful pressure point holdings that you can practiced daily.
This technique can be used for eliminating negative emotions and processing an emotional experience.
It can be used when you are feeling anxious and unsettled about an emotional issue or when feeling disconnected.
- Find a comfortable place to sit. Place your feet flat on the floor.
- Place one hand across your forehead and the other hand at the base of the skull, so that your handed is holding the rounded part of the skull (Occipital lobe).
- Close or soften your eyes.
- Gently bring your attention to the issue, internal experience or emotion that is present for you
- While you are focusing on the issue breathe deeply
- Hold this position for 2-3 minutes or until you can feel a pulse in both hands. You may not be able to feel the pulse but instead felt a shift or release of the issue or negative emotion.
Heart Self points
This is a powerful centring technique that is used to cultivate greater self-love and to bring us back to our heart centre.
It can be used when you are feeling anxious or perhaps before you are about to do something you are afraid of like public speaking or an exam.
- Find a comfortable place to sit or this can be practised laying down.
- Bring you index and middle finger of your right or left together and your pinky and ring finger of the same hand together.
- Now place the index and ring finger in the hollow space between the collarbones
- Place your pinky and ring finger of the same hand underneath the collarbone and above the first rib and the thumb underneath the collarbone and above the first rib, on the other side
- Gently place the thumb of the opposite hand on the midline of the breastbone between the nipples and place your index and middle fingers together in the dip just below the breastbone
- Close or soften your eyes
- Breathe deeply into your belly or you may prefer to focus on breathing into your fingers
- Hold this position for 2-3 minutes or until you feel a shift or release of the issue or negative emotion.
We all have the potential to self regulate our emotions and issues by using simple readily accessible tools like these.
Bringing our bodies back in to homeostasis and committing to our own wellness, is key to a lasting vibrant health and happiness.
Reduce your stress and make your health and wellbeing a priority.